Ethical Trading Policy Statement
Cheese+ seeks to ensure that it only purchases goods that are produced and delivered under conditions that do not involve the abuse or exploitation of anyone and that those goods, services or products provided do not have a significant adverse effect on the environment.
This Policy is designed to:
- foster and promote good labour standards forming part of ethical supply chains for goods and services;
- raise awareness of fair and ethical trading amongst Cheese + staff, customers and suppliers;
- establish and continue to maintain the Company’s credibility as a purchaser of fair trade and ethically traded goods and services;
- ensure that the company conforms to all of the requirements of current legislation where applicable to the supply of goods;
- ensure that Cheese+ business endeavours are conducted within the scope of the Ethical Trading Initiatives.
Codes of Conduct
Cheese + acknowledges the right of all employed labour to enjoy the following standards:
- freely chosen employment;
- the right to collective bargaining;
- safe, hygienic and suitable working conditions;
- no child labour;
- appropriate living wage;
- not subjected to excessive working hours;
- no discrimination;
- regular employment;
- humane treatment in all respects.